This is a basic one day rope technician introductory course that instructs participants in the use of portable anchor systems, focusing on the TerrAdaptor™. Rigging theory that supports sound and reliable manipulative tripod skills congruent with the requirements of NFPA 1670 and 1006 Technician Level and the basic force multiplier theory of portable anchors are key components of Module 1. Class can be customized for either work at height applications or for rescue.
Upon successful completion of Module I, all participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Demonstrate proper safety protocols when working with portable anchors
- Demonstrate proper assembly of the TerrAdaptor™ Tripod congruent with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Construct and safely operate a main and belay line system with a standard tripod configuration in place
- Understand and construct a back-tie system to stabilize the tripod during operation
- Understand and perform basic communication for raises and lowers using a portable anchor
- Complete and pass a written test
Location: 3850 York Street, Denver, CO 80205*
Cost: $575.00 per student
Register 30+ days in advance
and receive a 10% discount!
Max Class Size: 6 students per instructor
This is a one day course
This course also available in a 3-Module Series