This course combines Module I, Module II and Module III of the Portable High Directionals Series. Module I is a one-day, basic level introductory course, Module II is a two-day, intermediate level rope technician course and Module III is a two-day advanced level rope technician course. This course combination will instruct participants in the use of portable anchor systems, focusing on the TerrAdaptor™. Rigging theory that supports sound and reliable manipulative skills of all portable anchor configurations congruent with the requirements of NFPA 1670 and 1006 Technician Level and the Basic and Intermediate Force Multiplier Theory of Portable Anchors are key components of Modules I, II and III.
Upon successful completion of Modules I, II and III, all participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Demonstrate proper safety protocols when working with advanced configurations of portable anchors
- Demonstrate proper assembly of the TerrAdaptor™ as a mono-pod (gin pole) and bi-pod (angled A frame) portable anchor congruent with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Construct and safely operate high lines and sloping high lines using all possible combinations of configurations of the TerrAdaptor™
- Understand and construct a back-tie system to stabilize the tripod during operation
- Understand and perform basic communication for raises and lowers using a portable anchor
- Understand advanced principles of force multipliers as they apply to whiteboard analysis of critical angles in high line rigging and the calculation of critical angles
- Complete and pass a written test
Location: 3850 York Street, Denver, CO 80205*
Cost: $1,975.00 per student
Register 30+ days in advance
and receive a 10% discount!
Max Class Size: 6 students per instructor
(for PMI Dealer reference for off-site courses only)
This is a five day course