This is a basic one day rope technician introductory course that instructs participants in the use of portable anchor systems, focusing on the TerrAdaptor™. Rigging theory that supports sound and reliable manipulative tripod skills congruent with the requirements of NFPA 1670 and 1006 Technician Level and the basic force multiplier theory of portable anchors are key components of Module 1. Class can be customized for either work at height applications or for rescue.
Schedule in progress
Please contact [email protected] with any questions or subscribe to our email list and be first who knows about new classes.
Subscribe with PMI
Be first who knows about special offers, gear reviews, wokshops and master classes
Upon successful completion of Module I, all participants will be able to accomplish the following:
– Demonstrate proper safety protocols when working with portable anchors
– Demonstrate proper assembly of the TerrAdaptor™ Tripod congruent with the manufacturer’s instructions
– Construct and safely operate a main and belay line system with a standard tripod configuration in place
– Understand and construct a back-tie system to stabilize the tripod during operation
– Understand and perform basic communication for raises and lowers using a portable anchor
– Complete and pass a written test.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Portable High Directionals: Module II
Location: 4459 Jason St Denver, CO 80211
Cost: $700.00 per student
Register 30+ days in advance
and receive a 10% discount!
Max Class Size: 6 students per instructor